Saturday, June 13, 2015

Wow!

I was so busy during my clinical student teaching semester, I didn't have much time for anything but school and work. When it was finished, I was exhausted. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in 7th grade Texas History and learned more than I can explain. I was there for less than one semester, but those were my kids. I finished up on April 30, which gave me time to prep for the PPR exam.

I went to Marshall to take my PPR exam on May 13. Even though Paul and I lived just minutes away, we had never seen Wiley College before. I felt pretty good about the exam when I left. I got my results that Friday. I needed a score of at least 240; I made a 265. I was so excited! In fact, I'm still a little excited about it. I graduated from Texas A&M University-Texarkana with my Master's in Curriculum & Instruction on May 16.


Shortly after graduation, I applied for my standard teacher certification. Since I took the Social Studies exam before the Generalist exam and I was in a social studies classroom, the university recommended me for certification in 4-8 Social Studies. When a payday works out so I can afford the application fee again, I'll apply for my 4-8 Generalist certification.

No job yet. So far, I've had three interviews: two with one school and one with another. I didn't get the first two and I should hear about the third in the next few days. I'm applying for everything for which I may be qualified (except math!) and praying about each application and interview. I am completely trusting God in my job search, just as I did in the pursuit of my degree. I know He has a job chosen for me. It's only mid-June; it's possible my job isn't even open yet. For the time being, I'm still working as a substance abuse counselor. Shortly after I went part-time to do my student teaching, I was notified that I'll be part-time until further notice. That really hurts financially, but God is in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment